Sunday, May 25, 2008

Update for Us

After 50 days in the hospital, they finally kicked me out. I have been doing good(thank goodness for pain killers). I went back to the hospital today to see Brody and they took the catheter out, which was my last tube to be removed. YEAH!!!! I am healing better than they expected. That has nice to hear after being told quite a few time that it was touch and go and I am lucky to be around. The doctors have said that if things had waited a little longer, like they wanted to, that chances are I wouldn't be here. I definitely have so much to be thankful for; especially my little man. He is doing awesome. He would be 32 weeks along if I was still pregnant. So he is 2 weeks today. He weighs 4 lbs 4.8oz(3lbs14oz at birth). He no longer has an IV and is bottle feeding all of his feeds as of last night. He was tired of the feeding tube and pulled it out. In the next few days they are going to see how he maintains his body temps. As of right now he is still in the incubator but according the the nurses--still feisty as ever. Thanks again to everyone that has helped with the girls and for keeping me and Brody in your prayers. We definitely has someone looking out for us. Here are a few pics of him and us.


5 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Congrats on going home. It is nice to leave the hospital but hard to leave the baby there. It sounds like he is doing great so hopefully he will be home soon. He is adorable!

AZMarianos said...

Ohhh...he is so precious! From the pictures he seems to look like Ryan but it sounds like he has your fiestiness! :-) I was going to come see you the day you got kicked out - bummer! Let's figure out a time when I can come see you - either at your house or meet up at the hospital. Love you tons!

Michelle Price said...

Kristin,
I just ran across your blog on Haven and Brittney's. I had no idea you guys had all this going on! Christian is in trouble for not keeping us in the loop! Congrats on the new baby--he is adorable. And I am glad both you and Brody and doing well. Hopefully you can continue to take it easy until you recover completely, but I'm sure that will be hard with a house full of kids!
I'm going to link to your blog so we can keep up with you guys.
Congratulations again!
Zak and Michelle

~LisaLou~ said...

Yeah, you're home. We're so happy you're recovering quicker than they thought! That's news you want to hear from your doc! Brody is so cute. We love you guys. Let us know if you need anything.
Love ya, Lisa, Sean and crew

Tim and Mandi said...

Kristin,

I just sort of happened onto your blog! Brody is absolutely adorable. I had heard that things were kind of scary there at the end, but thank goodness for how it all turned out. Hopefully we'll get to see the little guys soon!

Mandi Cook