Thursday, October 23, 2008

My poor baby!!

WARNING...the next few pics are heartbreaking. Yesterday all three girls were playing on the patio table(Its dark). Kelsey was taking them inside to eat lunch and put Bailee down for a nap. Bailee was just hanging out on the table when Kelsey lifted her up and she started to cry. Kels saw one of her hand and ran it under water when she saw the other hand and one foot. I called the pediatrician and they said come right in. We threw the other 3 in the car and Kels held her in the back. When we got the the dr.s they took one look at her and said take her to the burn unit. So off we went. Bailee was missing her nap and she was sooo tired that she would start to pass out then after about 30 seconds the pain would kick in and she would cry. She was crying to hard that she burst a blood vessel in her forehead. At the hospital we watched as a red/purple bruise just appeared. The burn center was great and immediately took her in and put soothing gel on her hands and the gave her some Tylenol w/ Codeine. She was still crying so hard until that kicked in then she passed out. They took off the dead skin and wrapped it up. She slept well through the night and didn't have medicine until about 11am. She started using her hands as much as she could bandaged up. She would get so frustrated that she couldn't hold anything. These pics are from when we changed out the bandages. About an hour later she took off one of the wraps and was picking at it. Disgusting!! We had to tape the bandages on. She is one tough cookie. She still managed to keep up with her sisters. Granted Kodee has 102 degree fever so that slowed her down some. Anyways, they said we will have to bandage it for at least 10 days. The doctors think that the table was not hot enough to instantly burn her but just hot enough to literally, slowly cook her skin.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the saddest thing I have ever seen. I cannot believe heat from the sun did that. I hope she feels better really soon.

Orr Family said...

I can not believe the sun did that! I knew it is hot in AZ but not that hot! You are going to have to watch everything outside now! I am glad you got good care, and that she is doing better! Poor thing! There seems to always be a doctors visit with you guys too, I am glad I am not the only one running to the doctors all the time!!

Stacie Aho said...

Oh that is so sad. I'm glad she's doing okay though and managing the pain- poor girl!!

I'm glad you came the other night. It was fun and your salsa is to die for!

AZMarianos said...

Oh, that poor baby! I can't believe the table did that, I didn't think it was that hot anymore. That was so sad but it's a good thing she's so tough!

~LisaLou~ said...

I have never seen anything like that before. Poor girl. And it's not even in the 100's out here. Hope she feels better.
Love you guys, Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is so extremely sad. Will her hand look extremely scarred after it heals?

I also enjoyed reading all your other entries and getting caught up on your life. (Bonnie sent me the link).

I can't imagine all you've gone through this year, but you and your son sure look awesome now! You have such a beautiful family!!

Love, Deborah & Tracy Wellard
(dtwellard@hotmail.com)

The Martin Family said...

Poor thing! I hope she heals quickly. It's amazing what little kids can go through and still be so tuff!

The Gotzingers said...

POOR BABY!! Oh my... I hope she has a full recovery.

Kristen said...

I can't believe that happened, poor little thing. I hope she gets better quickly, what a brave girl.

~ Kristen Christensen

Kristen said...

I can't believe that happened. Poor little thing. She looks like she was such a brave little girl. Good luck with the recovery, I hope it is fast.

~ Kristen Christensen