Friday, March 20, 2009

Oops, I did it again!!!

It seems like any time I blog that things are going fairly well with Brody, I am made a liar. Yep, we are back at Phoenix Children's Hospital. He started to aspirate and choke on his pudding thick feeds. He had choked a few days ago and again Wednesday morning he started to turn blueish. After the 3rd choking episode I called his GI dr and took him to the clinic @ 1. They wanted to admit him so we went to the ER and were in the waiting room until5:30, then in a room until 1amuntil they moved us upstairs. It was a long day since you can't just put him down to crawl around and the bed was just a flat bed. They wouldn't let him have any fluids so he ended up not eating for 14 hours+(he was not a happy camper-neither was I) The nurse in the ER was apparently new and had to keep asking question to others. She put in an ng (feeding tube) which had to be redone upstairs and finally put in an IV at midnight which had to be redone upstairs too. Needless to say I was upset and so was the nurse upstairs. He was supposed to be being fed cuz they had to stop the feed at 2am because he had an MRI @ 8am but they moved it back so he could have some food. Thanks goodness. His MRI was clean. They have his feeding tube on a continuous drip right now. He has a bronchospy and endocospy on Mon so we will be there until next week. My poor little guy is such a trooper. It sounds like we will have to come home w/ the feeding tube-yuck! Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong.

6 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Oh Kristin! I am so sad for you guys. I cannot even imagine going through all that. I went to the hospital with MJ only for one overnight stay, and it was AWFUL! He was 18 months. Poor guy, and poor mommy and daddy! I hope he gets to come home soon and be better!

Annie Miller said...

I am soooooo sorry. What a nightmare! I hope they figure it out soon. That sounds like pure torture.

Justin and Sarah said...

We miss you guys. Little Brody is in our prayers!

The Gotzingers said...

Gosh... Poor lil guy!! Breaks my heart. We are praying for you guys. Hang in there!! Please let us know if you need ANYTHING. We'd be happy to help!!

Tim and Mandi said...

We'll praying for your cute little guy. Even with a feeding tube he's as adorable as ever! He is definitely a trooper and so are you guys!

Anonymous said...

Kristin....we will add him to our prayer list...I feel bad for you...it is so hard to have a sick child...